When the holidays come around, I’m sure you’re filled with excitement for the season. But have you ever wondered why? Is it because of family, gifts, or even the food? Now, just imagine a holiday season without any of the things just mentioned. Maybe you’re visualizing a more lonesome holiday season.
You’ll find that there are many families who don’t have all the things you may have for the holidays, and that lonely feeling you just visualized, is their reality. But, thankfully, there are ways for you to help and play an even more special role this season by helping others. Below you’ll find ways you can give to your local community within the Inland Empire.
Where to donate:
- Big Brother Big Sister IE – https://www.iebigs.org/
- Inland Empire Community Foundation – https://www.iegives.org/
- Habitat For Humanity – https://www.habitatsb.org/
- Feeding America IE – https://www.feedingamericaie.org/
- Path of Life – https://www.thepathoflife.com/
Items to donate:
- Canned foods, fruits and vegetables
- Hygiene items
These are just a few items and recommendations for you to think about as you may have other items or donation centers in mind. As enjoyable as the holidays are, we all know that it can be a stressful time of the year. One thing you can do to help relieve stress is to give. Brightening someone’s day can help bring joy into your life, as well as motivate others to give. See below for a few more reasons why you may want to give:
Motivation for giving
- Giving back opens the opportunity to build relationships with others.
- Giving can physically and emotionally make you feel better.
- When you give, others are likely to give back too.
- When our community members thrive, we all thrive.
The best part about being able to give near you is that you’re able to have a direct impact on the community you live in. Community restoration comes in many forms. Donating to charitable causes is one of those forms of restoration, and it may be the most fulfilling. There are plenty of donation centers around the Inland Empire that you’re able to give to. Whatever giving looks like to you, do it. There are no right or wrong answers when you’re trying to make a difference!