When you are planning a thorough cleaning of your office space, it is easy to overlook the doors. Sure, you wipe down the doorknobs regularly, but are you actually keeping your doors in tip top shape?
Doors are touched and used hundreds of times per day in a commercial building, making them especially prone to bacteria and viruses that could easily spread to employees and customers. In addition, an improperly cleaned door makes a poor first impression. While dark door do not show the dirt and fingerprints as easily as lighter colored doors, they can still look grimy and dull.
Whether you outsource your regular janitorial duties to a commercial cleaning company or if you keep it all in-house, it is important to ensure that your doors are cleaned on a regular basis.
CLEANING WOOD DOORS
- Wipe the top of the door frame with a soft cloth to remove dust
- Using the same cloth, wipe all around the frame of the door
- Spray cloth with a wood or all-purpose cleaner and wipe in the direction of the grain
- Buff the door to remove excess cleaner and to dry the surface
- Use the all-purpose cleaner for doorknobs or handle and wipe dry
- Clean all hinges with appropriate metal cleaner
CLEANING GLASS DOORS
- Vacuum the slider tracks regularly to remove debris and bugs
- Spray a heavy coat of multipurpose cleaner, one section of the door frame at a time
- Rub to loosen dirt and wipe it off as you go
- Wrap a cloth around your fingers and run it back and forth until it is clean
- Finish up with a spray of sliding track lubricant
The outside of glass doors get dirty so easily as they are always subject to the environmental elements. Rain spots, dirt, fingerprints, smudges and streaks will sully your doors and lower your first impression.
Helpful Tip: Do not wash your glass doors if the sun is shining on them as it will cause streaking. Work quickly to avoid streaks from developing and start at the top and work your way down.
- Remove loose dirt with a soft cloth or feather duster
- Use your favorite window cleaner solution to help remove water spots and environmental grime
- Spray the glass and wipe left to right, top to bottom
- Using a soft absorbent towel, hand dry the door using the same left to right motion
- If preferred, use a squeegee from the top down using bold strokes all the way to the bottom
- Dry the blade of the squeegee and continue until the whole door is sparkling
At OctoClean, we have an expert teams who pay special attention to every aspect of your office building, including the doors. We ensure that your building is a clean and healthy place for your employees to work and for your customers to visit.