As the saying goes, you only have one chance to make a good impression. That is why it is so important for your business to keep their windows spotless. I’m sure we have all encountered a commercial building with untidy landscaping, a trash-filled parking lot and dirty, grimy windows. This lack of care gives visitors the impression that the business is not thriving or that they simply do not care. This most obviously NOT the impression you want to give.
However, you may be wondering just how often you need to have your windows professionally cleaned. There really are no conclusive rules on this since every office space is different and every business has its own unique set of needs. There are certain guidelines that can help you determine an appropriate cleaning schedule.
Here are some factors to keep in mind:
- Foot Traffic: You’ll want to take into account the size of the building, the number of employees present each day along with the number of customers that visit your facility. These details could affect the cleanliness of your windows.
- Location: If your facility is close to a highway or is on a busy street, your windows will likely get dirty much faster and will need more frequent cleaning.
- Weather: Rainy or snowy climates will obviously require a commercial window cleaning company to wash the windows frequently to remove the dirt and mineral deposits left by water.
- Landscaping: If your building is surrounded by dirt fields, is near trees that drip sap or is alongside a parking lot, debris in the air may necessitate more frequent cleaning.
- Structure: While a unique architectural design can help your company attract attention, certain features, such as inset windows, may be more apt to collect dust and grime and require more frequent cleanings.
The type of business you run will likely be the biggest determining factor when creating a cleaning schedule. Here is a basic guideline to help you determine how often your type of facility should get the windows professionally cleaned:
- RestaurantsFirst, you will want to evaluate the types of customers you cater to when assessing the need for more frequent cleaning. For example, a family restaurant will likely serve small children. With children comes the unappetizing look of dirty, grimy, fingerprinted windows. Between professional cleanings, be sure that your team is spot cleaning windows to remove those fingerprints
Second, you will want to keep in mind that restaurant air is filled with moisture and grease. For this reason, we recommend that restaurant windows get professionally cleaned inside and out every two weeks at the most.
- Healthcare FacilitiesWhether you run a physician’s office, dental practice, emergency clinic, hospital or other healthcare facility, you know that a spotless, well-maintained appearance is crucial for giving patients confidence that they will also be well cared for in a clean, sanitary environment.
- Retail StoresThe retail industry is very competitive. A good impression is critical to maintaining a positive image and gaining repeat customers. Your retail store windows are the first things your customers will notice when passing by. With a high amount of daily foot traffic, we recommend that restaurant windows get professionally cleaned inside and out every two weeks at the most. However, daily spot cleaning should also be part of your team’s routine.
- Office BuildingsOffice buildings don’t typically need windows to be professionally cleaned quite as often as the above mentioned businesses. The average office building should have a full cleaning (inside and out) about every 2 months. However, you may want to have your cleaning crew clean the windows in the lobby on a regular basis since this area provides your company’s first impression.
There are many reasons you should leave your window cleaning to the professionals. To help make sure your facility gives the best possible first impression to visitors and employees, make sure you call the cleaning experts at OctoClean. Contact our office today at 1-888-540-0828 for more information on our window cleaning services.